About The Inn
Natural beauty frames your peaceful respite at our exquisite, country inn adjacent to Devil's Lake State Park for an unforgettable, adult getaway.
Exclusively experience the Inn and its estate by reserving the four guest rooms for a business retreat or getaway with family or friends.
Sandhill cranes nest within a half-mile of the Inn and we see them often from March to November. Their rattling calls echo through the hills daily.
Wander Our New, Luxury Villa
Our spacious, country inn is a serene backdrop for the 36-mile view of the Lake Wisconsin valley. Browse fine artwork, wooden craftsmanship and unique appointments throughout the bed and breakfast.
- Cozy up before the fire nestled under a hand-carved mantel.
- Tickle the ivories on the baby grand piano.
- Take a relaxing sauna.
- Renew in the Shiatsu massage chair in the Indigo Lounge.
Search for Wisconsin's Capitol dome in Madison or rural sites in the great room's spotting scope.
As the sun sets against the captivating view of the valley, from the Indigo Lounge enjoy a favorite beverage, award-winning Wisconsin cheeses and inviting conversation.
Also for your pleasure...
- Fitness area
- State-of-the-art conference room
- Secure WI-FI/DSL Internet access throughout the Inn
- Elevator access to all floors
42-acre Estate Is Your Peaceful Escape
Relax and daydream on the terrace or the vista patio surrounded by an indigenous prairie, woods and the 36-mile view of the Lake Wisconsin valley. Linger on the terrace to gaze at the stars beside a campfire.
- Sway together in the hammock as you drift with the clouds in the mesmerizing view.
- Take a casual walk along beautiful, wooded trails that meander three miles throughout our 42 acres. Along the way, sit by the creek and float on the sound of a babbling brook.
- Wander gardens together, gazing at the rainbow of flowers, water features and hidden treasures.
- Skim the snow-covered trails with complimentary snowshoes.
Bird And Wildlife Haven
If you love bird-watching and enjoy nature, be sure to visit us. The Inn at Wawanissee Point is nestled in the Baraboo Bluffs, an ancient rock outcrop blanketed by an oak, maple and basswood forest that comprise the largest block of upland forest still standing in southern Wisconsin. The Baraboo Hills span 25 miles, providing habitat for more than 1,800 kinds of plants and animals, including 135 species of breeding birds.
Whether you relax on the deck or patio or in the sunroom near our bird feeders, or explore the trails with your field glasses and life list searching for neotropical migrants like the scarlet tanager or indigo bunting that nest high in the canopy of the contiguous forest, or rare visitors like the cerulean warbler or Acadian flycatcher, you won't be disappointed.
- Binoculars available.