If you are considering a weekend getaway to enjoy the autumn colors and fall migration around the Inn at Wawanisseee Point, reserve a guest room now. Weekend vacancies in September and October are nearly gone!
We have more availability weekdays in September and October.
Visit apple orchards, hike through the falling leaves, watch hundreds of turkey vultures gather and soar around Devil’s Lake State Park before they fly south, and drive and bike the rustic roads in Sauk County—these are a few favorites when visiting the Baraboo Bluffs in the fall.
More fall activities in the Baraboo and Sauk Prairie area:
- Walk the corn maze or take a horse-drawn wagon ride to the pumpkin patch at Treinen’s Farm in Lodi, Wis.
- Sept. 14–16: Wo-Zha-Wa Days Fall Festival, Wisconsin Dells, Wis.
- Sept. 14: Xtring at the River Arts On Water Gallery, Prairie du Sac, Wis., 7:00 p.m. A string quartet playing Colombian Andean music. Learn more at www.riverartsonwater.org
- Sept. 21: Downtown Baraboo’s Brew Ha Ha, Baraboo, 5:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m. Stroll the historic downtown square sampling tasty treats and craft beers from Capital Brewery, House Of Brews Brewery, Moose Jaw Brewery, New Glarus Brewery and Port Huron Brewery. Purchase tickets at Bekah Kates beginning 9:00 a.m., Aug. 21, 2012.
- Sept. 29: help tag monarch butterflies at Devil’s Lake State Park before they migrate, 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m., meet at the Roznos Meadow parking lot on highway 113, five minutes south of the Inn.
- Oct. 5–7 and 12–14: Autumn Color Weekend Train Rides at Mid-Continent Railway Museum in North Freedom, Wis.
- Oct. 10: Wollersheim Winery’s 2011 Ice Wine Release, 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- Oct. 13: downtown Baraboo’s Annual Faire On The Square, 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Watch the harvest moon rise over the brilliant autumn hues of the Lake Wisconsin Valley from our secluded prairie as you snuggle by the campfire on Sept. 29, 2012. Or drive over to Mirror Lake State Park for a full moon hike around the lake.
Fall Color Report
You can monitor the fall-color change throughout Wisconsin by viewing a map at the travelwisconsin.com Web site.
Call us at 608-355-9899 or click on the Check Availability box at the top of this page to book your room. If the date you prefer is booked, call us, sometimes we receive last-minute cancellations.
Reserve your favorite guest room now!