Valentine’s Day 2013 falls on a Thursday, which is an ideal opportunity to whisk away your sweetie for a romantic, long-weekend getaway at our mini winter resort atop the snow-covered Baraboo Hills. Whether you prefer playing in the snow, keeping warm indoors or pampering in seclusion, we have options to suit nearly everyone.
- In our Great Room, or Secret Garden guest room, cozy by the fireplace. Bring that book you’ve been putting off.
- Bask in the warmth of our sunroom and enjoy the view over the Lake Wisconsin valley to Madison, Wis. Bring a puzzle to work together.
- Watch the snow birds and turkeys feeding below the sunroom, and Bird’s Nest and Secret Garden guest rooms. Look for pine siskins, redpolls and red-breasted nuthatches amid our hearty winter inhabitants.
- Snuggle and warm in our sauna.
- Reserve an in-room couple’s massage in our Secret Garden and Bordeaux guest rooms.
- Soak together in the massage-therapy tub for two in our Bordeaux room.
- Pamper yourself with a number of enriching services at Baraboo’s exclusive day spa, Spa Serenity. Our guests receive a 10-percent discount.
- Unwind in the seclusion of our beautiful guest rooms.
- Surprise your sweetheart with fresh flowers, chocolate-covered strawberries, chocolates, a decadent cake, champagne and/or a balloon bouquet. Learn more about our romantic add-ons on our Specials & Packages page.
- Consider the activities below.
- Snowshoe our 42 acres, on and off trail, using our Redfeather Snowshoes. Rest on our winter love sofa (see a photo at the Dec. 23, 2012 post on our Facebook page).
- Reserve a spot to snowshoe through Fern Dell Gorge at Mirror Lake State Park. See the details below.
- Snowshoe endless trails within five minutes of the Inn.
- Downhill ski next door at Devil’s Head Resort or over the hill at Cascade Mountain.
- X-country ski at Devil’s Lake State Park and beyond. We are the only bed and breakfast adjacent Devil’s Lake State Park.
Feb. 14, 2013 is five weeks away!
Reserve your favorite guest room today. Call 608-355-9899 or click on the Check Availability box at the top of this page.
Valentine’s Weekend Adventures
- Feb. 15–17, 2013: Mid-Continent Railway Museum’s 39th Annual Snow Train™, North Freedom.
- Feb. 15–17, 2013: A Night Of Classic Theatre—Three One-act Plays presented by the Sauk Prairie Theatre Guild at the River Arts Center, Prairie du Sac. 7:00 p.m. Feb. 15 and 16, 2:00 p.m. Feb. 17. Tickets are available from the Sauk Prairie Community Education Center at 608-643-8386 or the Guild at 608-448-6770 or online at www.sptheatreguild.org.
- Feb. 15, 2013: Toast Of The Town at The Village Booksmith, Baraboo, 7:30 p.m. As you peruse this unique and locally owned book store on the historic courthouse square, enjoy an evening with a mostly musical, open stage where locals and visitors share their talents, including some love songs. New, used and rare books including some first editions, plus special cards, calendars and journals. Cookies, coffees and teas, and cold beverages are served in the store. Learn more at villagebooksmith.com.
- Feb. 15, 2013: Rodney Carrington at the Crystal Grand Music Theatre, Wisconsin Dells, 7:00 p.m. Details at crystalgrand.com.
- Feb. 16, 2013: Snowshoe Fern Dell Gorge, Mirror Lake State Park, Lake Delton, 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m., 20 minutes north of the Inn. A guided, challenging off-trail adventure with tight squeezes, deep canyons, downed trees and frozen waterfalls. Hiking poles and a camera are recommended. Call to reserve; space is limited. Call 608-254-2333 or e-mail [email protected] with questions. Meet at the park office.
- Feb. 16, 2013: Eagle Watching Bus Tour, Sauk Prairie, 10:00 a.m., hosted by Ferry Bluff Eagle Council volunteers. Reserve by calling the Sauk Prairie Chamber Of Commerce at 800-68EAGLE. Tickets: $5.00.