Cooler breezes, brilliant colors dressing the Baraboo Bluffs against the deep blue sky, flocks of migrating birds and apple orchards brimming with sweetness. If fall is the season that tantalizes your senses, reserve a guest room now.
As we enter the final week of August 2013 we have weekday vacancies in September and only two rooms on weekends. October is filling fast, too. We have limited vacancies for three popular fall events:
- Sept. 13–15: Wo-Zha-Wa Days Fall Festival, Wisconsin Dells, Wis.
- Oct. 4–13, 2013: Reedsburg Fermentation Fest.
- Oct. 18–20, 2013: Fall Art Tour.
In October come see turkey vultures gather by the hundreds to glide on the thermal updrafts between the 500-foot cliffs at Devil’s Lake State Park before migrating south.
Walk the corn maze or take a horse-drawn wagon ride to the pumpkin patch at Treinen’s Farm in Lodi, Wis. Maze preview season Aug. 31 to Sept. 22, 2013. Main Fall Festival Season when the rides run and more is Sept. 28 to Nov. 10.
Bike or drive Sauk County’s Rustic Roads to enjoy fall colors at a slower pace.
The first two weeks of November are peak bird migration. Birders will want to visit Levee Road along the Leopold-Pine Island Important Bird Area on the Wisconsin River, 11 miles northeast of the Inn. It’s a key staging area for many species during migration.
Hike through the falling leaves, kayak Devil’s Lake in fall’s colorful reflections or simply sit on our terrace and soak in the valley ablaze with color.
More fall favorites around Baraboo and Sauk Prairie:
- Oct. 3: Wollersheim Winery’s 2012 Ice Wine Release, 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. Enjoy a horse-drawn wagon ride to the vineyard where the Ice Wine grapes hang until they freeze hard as marbles.
- Oct. 11–13: Autumn Color Weekends™ Train Rides at Mid-Continent Railway Museum in North Freedom, Wis.
- Oct. 12: downtown Baraboo’s Faire On The Square, 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Watch the hunters moon rise over the brilliant autumn hues of the Lake Wisconsin Valley from our secluded prairie as you snuggle by the campfire on Oct. 18, 2013. It’s also the Penumbral Eclipse of the moon, best viewed during the early evening hours.
Fall Color Report: Monitor the fall-color change throughout Wisconsin by viewing this map at travelwisconsin.com.
Reserve a guest room now! Call us at 608-355-9899 or click on the Check Availability at the top of this page. If the date you prefer is booked, call us, sometimes we receive last-minute cancellations.