Cross-country ski, snowshoe or hike—you choose for the fun jaunt through Mirror Lake State Park in Lake Delton, Wis., on Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Candlelight shimmers along a one-mile trail, one for skiers, the other for everyone else.
The Friends of Mirror Lake State Park will have two bon fires roaring and you can purchase food and refreshments, if you wish.
The Park is an easy 20-minute drive north of the Inn at Wawanissee Point. Meet at the beach picnic area. If you have questions, call 608-254-2333 or e-mail them to [email protected]. Remember to get a new annual park admission sticker or a daily pass beforehand or as you arrive.
Traversing the snow-draped wooded and prairie landscapes under the reflective light of a full moon or a torch-lit trail creates sparkling scenery and an enchanting experience. Venus, the brightest planet, will still be shining brightly in the southwestern sky about 1.5 hours after sundown around New Year’s Eve. Venus will not be as brilliant in the night sky until 2021.
Come play in the snow with us, by day and night. Use our Redfeather Snowshoes along our three miles of trails.
- Five minutes from the Inn are miles of trails and acres of solitude to explore.
- Rent snowshoes and poles, and cross-country ski sets from Wildside Adventure Sports in Baraboo, Wis.
Reserve a guest room today. Call us at 608-355-9899 or click on the Check Availability box at the top of this page.
More Winter Fun Around Baraboo
- Jan. 1, 2014: First Day Hike at Devil’s Lake Sate Park, Baraboo, 3:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m. Celebrate the new year outdoors with America’s State Park’s First Day Hikes. Join us for a twilight hike and snowshoe through Roznos Meadow. Meet at the parking lot on Highway 113. Bring a flashlight, and snowshoes if you wish. We’ll have a few pairs of snowshoes to loan, too. Call 608-356-8301 ext. 140 or e-mail [email protected] with questions.
- Jan. 2, 2014: Date Night (Thursdays) at Con Amici, Baraboo’s wine bar, 5:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m. For you and your sweetheart, $25.00 for a bottle of wine, crackers, cheese, nuts and locally produced chocolates from Roots Chocolates. Monthly exhibits featuring local artists to enjoy.
- Jan. 3, 2014: Wrannock at the River Arts On Water Gallery, Prairie du Sac, 7:00 p.m. Sauk County’s Mossman family—Mike Mossman, Lisa Hartman and their son, Angus—returns to play traditional Celtic music with an array of instruments and share their travels tales from the British Isles, especially the Scottish Islands of Orkney and Shetland. Angus returns home from college for this reunion, and share what he’s learned while playing with fine Celtic and contra dance musicians out East. No advance ticket sales, but donations at the door are recommended to benefit the River Arts Inc. programming. Learn more at www.riverartsinc.org.
- Jan. 4, 2014: Eagle Watching Bus Tour, 10:00 a.m., Sauk Prairie. 50-minute guided eagle watching bus tours, $5.00 per person. Reservations are required; tours fill quickly. Call the Sauk Prairie Chamber Of Commerce at 800-683-2453 to reserve. (Saturday mornings Jan. 4–Feb. 15, 2014)
- Jan. 4, 2014: West Bluff Hike at Devil’s Lake State Park, Baraboo, 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m. Meet at the south shore boat launch, five minutes southwest of the Inn, for a winter view of the lake upon hiking up the south end of the west bluff. This is a challenging and steep hike, 1.5 miles to 2 miles. If it’s too icy we’ll hike Tumbled Rock trail, which is an easier hike. Bring snowshoes if you wish. We’ll have a few pairs of snowshoes to loan, too. Call 608-356-8301 ext. 140 or e-mail [email protected] with questions.
- Jan. 4, 2014: Bee Gees Saturday Night Fever at the Crystal Grand Music Theatre, Wisconsin Dells, 8:00 p.m. Tickets at crystalgrand.com.