If you crave flying down the slopes on skis, snowboards and tubes, we have two full-service ski resorts with instructors and rentals in our backyard. Come stay at our secluded, mini resort where we pamper you after you play in the snow.
Next door is Devil's Head Resort www.devilsheadresort.com with 500 feet of vertical rise and 30 runs ranging from gentle to steep and the longest is 1.5 miles.
20 minutes northeast is Cascade Mountain www.cascademountain.com with 460 feet of vertical drop and 44 trails divided about in thirds for beginners, intermediates and advanced with the longest trail at one mile. In 2016 it completed a $9 million expansion, offering new trails, lifts and more.
The Inn at Wawanissee Point bed and breakfast atop the Baraboo Bluffs is a winter-sports Mecca.
Between five minutes and 25 minutes from here, besides the downhill ski resorts, you'll find:
- Miles of trails on thousands of acres for snowshoeing and winter hiking
- Two state parks with 24 miles of groomed cross-country skiing trails
- A groomed cross-country ski loop through Devil’s Head Resort’s Glacier Golf Course
- Two outfitters renting skis and snowshoes
- Three lakes for ice fishing with a guide service
- Sledding on our prairie hill and at Devil’s Lake State park…play like a kid again, it feels great! We provide the sleds.
Plus our 42 acres with three miles of wooded and prairie trails offer hiking, snowshoeing and birding with peaceful spots to sit and savor the solitude.
After hitting the slopes sooth your sore muscles with our…
- Shiatsu massage chair
- Great Room fireplace
- Massage-therapy tubs for two in the Bird’s Nest and Bordeaux guest rooms
- Private in-room massage in the Bordeaux and Secret Garden guest rooms
Massages and more at day spas Spa Serenity spaserenitydayspa.com in Baraboo and Cloud Nine cloudninesaukcity.com in Sauk City
Reserve your guest room here www.innatwawanisseepoint.com or call us at 608-355-9899.